Friday, June 15, 2012

I love my pool....

I've gone through a fair amount of pools over the last few years. Which may be why my husband gave me a very unhappy look when I told him I needed to buy a new one. *big cheesy grin*. I admit, I bought a pool every year for the past three years. I also admit it was all my fault that I bought new ones, instead of reusing the one I had.  But, let me explain...

First pool was a small Intex thing, It was a tiny little pool (compared to what I have now), and measured as the 8x30 size. Tiny, not even big enough for more than one person, but it worked because the girls swam in it, and my son swam in a little kid pool beside it. Then I moved up to a larger size, because my son wanted to swim with his sisters. We got a 10x30 (or maybe it was a 12x30) and it worked great for a while, until we left it outside on the ground all winter. Oops. Bought a new one the next year, this time we super-sized it, and bought a 15x36…oooooooo! It was like swimming in our own private lake…literally. I couldn’t keep the thing clean for anything, and then…it turned green. And it stayed green. I tried dumping it out and refilling, but because you can never get every drop of water out……yeah, blah. The kids refused to swim in it, so... I eventually gave up and took it down. 


I took it down…without cleaning it. Oops again. So yeah, this year I had to buy a new one…a better one. One that does not aggravate me, and force me to patch the inflatable ring …every day because the local cats need a drink. Welcome the frame set pool........in the same giant size (although it is bigger, I swear). Brilliant pool....although it's a pain to assemble by yourself...lucky for me this is the type of pool that stays up year round. 

Now, I kinda live in this pool. I could care less what I look like,...I am a mermaid, and I adore the water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment