Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The "New" TV Predicament...

In February, we bought a new TV...we grew tired of replacing the bulb (see previous post located somewhere in 2011, yeah I'm lazy today). So, we take a trip to Best Buy....and come home with an RCA big screen thing. Yay for a new TV! April 2nd....this happened---



The first thing I thought was how much I hated technology. Everything breaks. But, I digress. I call Best Buy, and a lovely perky girl tells me to bring it back, they will exchange it. Yay! We take it back, and the underpaid customer "service" people tell me they can not work on RCA, I have to call the Geek Squad. *Sigh*. The next day, I call the Geek Squad who send out a company to repair it ...Yay, again. A couple days later a very handsome guy shows up, and tells me: "Yup it's broke". *Sigh* RCA will send me a new one, though. Back to Yay! 


A week goes by...I call this repair company back...and I'm all sorts of not happy. They inform me that they have sent the request for replacement to RCA, now I just have to wait a while. Apparently RCA had a whole bunch of TV's with bad panels and I'll be waiting a month or so. 


Last week I get a phone call (after me calling multiple times and leaving messages) saying that RCA will send me a box to ship the TV back to them, as soon as the TV is scanned into the UPS system, they will send me a new TV. 


I'm still waiting for an empty box. *SIGHHHHHHHH*


What have I learned from this---I will never buy anything from Best Buy...I'll buy it from Wal-mart, that way they will just take the damn thing back and I won't have to wait for over 2 months (so far) to get a replacement. 


~~Update 6/22/12~~ I now have an empty box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment