Monday, March 19, 2012

Handmade Watercolor Paints



Here's another find that is far from new. Handmade watercolor paints, made from random things you might have around your house. I found the tutorial and recipe at Lilac Silhouette, which I used. 



The results were great. I followed the directions, using generic products (not name brand). Everything was cheap, this project cost maybe $1.  


The next day, I checked them...and they looked like this. Eek! 
So, I drained off the extra..oil?  And let them dry some more. 


Success!!! Then I tested them...

Yay! They work. It would appear the more food coloring you add, the better the color (obviously). The yellow I made (from the 'drain' photo), didn't show up at all. Next time I will add half the bottle of food coloring!! 

Moral of the story - make your own watercolor paints, especially if they are for kids!





Original idea/tutorial found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment