Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pinterest Find - Enamel Painted Bobby Pins


This idea may have been around for years, but I just found it the other day. What can I say? I'm a little behind the times! The link is HERE, but I doubt anyone really needs the tutorial that's there. 


Anyhoo...painting bobby pins with nail polish is brilliant and overly crazy super insane simple. I added glitter, rhinestones and even used some China Glaze Holographic nail polish (even though you can't see it in the photo). They all turned out great, and my daughters are in love! 


A couple helpful tips, if I may -


~Use card stock covered in plastic (I used a giant Ziploc back), this will keep the paint (and pins) from sticking! 
~I also sprayed them white before using the lighter colors of nail polish, so the neon's would 'pop' more. 
~Two coats of nail polish, and one coat of clear polish (or clear enamel spray, which is faster) to seal. 
~The rhinestones are from those cell phone decoration sheets, the blue ones were pre-glued in the lines!! 


Try it, you know you wanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment