Thursday, June 29, 2017

Cherry Dr. Pepper Devils Food Cake RECIPE!



Today is my oldest daughters birthday, and while I am in still in a bit a denial about her age (and my own), I will still make her one of her faves. This cake is made with Cherry Dr. Pepper and that is her absolute favorite soda of all time, ever. I made this recipe up, but its based off several ones I randomly found last year online. This is a more simple version, with less butter and not 7 cups of powdered sugar. Anyway, this is a real "loosey-goosey" recipe. 

Cherry Dr.Pepper Devils Food Cake Recipe 


Recipe-ish: 

You will need -
  • 1 box devils food cake mix (eggs and oil per box directions)
  • Cherry Dr. Pepper or soda of the generic nature
  • A jar of maraschino cherries 
  • Frosting (I used a simple white frosting, but it can be any kind)
  • 1 box instant pudding mix (again, your choice)
  • Ice cream (optional, but you know you want it)

Directions-ish


Mix up 1 box devils food cake mix (I used Betty Crocker), like the directions - except add one box of instant devils food pudding mix, and replace the water with 1c Dr. Pepper, and 1/4c cherry juice (the liquid from those maraschino cherries). 

Bake for however long it takes for it to get done, this cake will be a bit taller than average. It will also take a few more minutes to bake (or it won't, I don't know for sure honestly)! 

Let cook for an hour or so, then frost (I used Betty Crocker "whipped white"). At time of serving- top with some cherries and more of the juice, if you want! 


Enjoy the nomnomnom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment