Sunday, July 31, 2011

Counting the days...

School here starts on the 16th of August. It can't be soon enough. With the extreme heat, my kids have been stuck in this house driving me insane. And trust me, it's not a long drive! 


Our school has decided on a 4 day school week this year...trying to save money. I suppose in the end it will in fact save money, but at what cost to the parents & kids? The kids wont actually be going to school any longer than normal. So, with a day missing...I think they're actually missing a lot of actual school learning. Then the parents who work all week have to find a sitter for Mondays...ugh. 


But, the school board decided this without any input from parents...No need for a vote either...they just know whats best for everyone...so.. it's bound to be a good idea...right?...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment