Saturday, November 9, 2013

Product Review: Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes






Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes


Bruschetta recipe at the end of this post! 

For review are two varieties of Sun Dried Tomatoes (in jars) from Bella Sun Luci @ Moody Farms. On the left in the photo above: Sun Dried Julienne-Cut Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Fine Herbs, and on the right:  Bruschetta with Italian Basil Sun Dried Tomatoes and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. 



So, I (with the aid of three overly enthusiastic kids) made up a bruschetta recipe (which I have included below). It turned out really good! My youngest (age 9) didn't want to try the sun dried tomatoes at first, claiming they are 'yucky'. He not only ate his portion, but wanted more! 

And...the recipe! 


Simple Cheese Bruschetta

French Bread, sliced. 
Parsley (or any fresh herb, chopped).
Provolone Cheese, sliced into strips.
Ricotta Cheese.
Olive Oil. 
Parmesan Cheese (optional). 

Directions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place sliced bread on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil LIGHTLY! Spread ricotta cheese on each slice (thicker or thinner layer, depending on taste). For the version above I added about a teaspoon of the Bruschetta with Italian Basil Sun Dried Tomatoes, then a layer of provolone. On top, parsley and the Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes on top. I also added Parmesan cheese on top! Bake until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes). 

Note: Because both of these versions of Sun Dried tomatoes are in olive oil--adding more olive oil to the bread may make it too oily! Beware! 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment