Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Review: Haven - A Stranger Magic (Book One)





Haven - A Stranger Magic (Book One), by D.C. Akers

"Sam Dalcome thinks he is so completely average that no one ever notices him. Until he discovers a mysterious stranger outside his home. Bewildered, he tries to uncover the stranger's intentions. But Sam is sidetracked when he and his friend Travis discover a secret passageway deep in the town's quarry that leads to a hidden cavern. What they uncover next will not only change their lives forever, but will uncover the first clue to a deadly Dalcome family secret. Sam finds himself drawn into a world of mystery and magic he never knew existed, which brings him closer to a destiny he never knew was possible."

Book Review

This was a nice book, aimed towards young adults and teenagers. The main characters Sam and Sarah are easy to relate to and kept my interest through the entire book. I look forward to reading the next one! 

My daughter, who we will call Daughter S, is 13 years old, and also read this book. In her own words, she says: "I loved this book, I read it in two days. It could have been a little longer, though. I am a huge fan of fantasy books. I hope the 2nd book comes out soon. I even want to see the movie if one comes out.". 






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment