Thursday, November 9, 2017

Recipe! Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers!



Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers!
(recipe found on Pinterest, but I edited it to make it mine)

I came across this recipe on Pinterest months ago, and wanted to try it. Thanks to our lovely garden this year - we had copious amounts of jalapeno to use. I didn't use a actual recipe for mine, I simply re-used the idea of wrapping them in bacon and baking in the oven. I guessed at ratios and measurements, so of course they can always be changed to your own tastes. 

Please note my notes at the end!




My Recipe

1 block of cream cheese (room temp, softened)
1/2-1 lb. Bacon 
10-15 Fresh Jalapenos
1/4 cup Finely minced onion (I used white)
1 banana pepper, minced (optional)
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(hot sauce can be added for extra kick)


Directions:

Prep jalapenos, first by cutting the ends off, then cutting in half. Scoop out and discard the inside membrane and seeds. 


Mix together all other ingredients (minus the bacon), folding in the shredded cheese last. 




Stuff the jalapeno halves with the mixture, only SLIGHTLY overfilling them. 




Seperate bacon slices and cut into 2 or 3 pieces. Wrap pieces around the stuffed jalapeno halves and place on a cookie sheet. 




Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. This will vary depending on size of jalapenos and thickness of the bacon. 


Allow to cool only long enough to prevent 3rd degree burns. 


NOTES! These tasted fine, in fact the kids even loved them. The bacon looks uncooked, I realize; and the cheese mix looks a bit like scrambled eggs. So, when making these again I would probably change the following things -- I would pre-cook the bacon, so that it will become crispy after baked, and I would use a white cheese such as a colby jack or even provolone instead of the cheddar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment