Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bob Hoskins - Good form, Mr. Smee.



Bob Hoskins
1942-2014


The news (BBC link) was released this morning...very sad, indeed. For me, Bob Hoskins was a great unappreciated actor that I wish I could have had over for dinner. I bet he would have had some great stories to tell!
So...it's that time when every person who can--will make a list of the "best of" for a person we never actually knew, and now never will...and now it's my turn. Here is MY list of my favorite movies/videos with Bob Hoskins...



5. Super Mario Bros. - Mario Mario - I doubt the majority of the world remembers (or wants to remember) this little film. Yeah, the critics really helped this movie bomb; but I kinda liked it. *shrugs*




4. Pink Floyd: The Wall - Rock Manager Guy - Yup, that was him. 



3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Eddie Valiant - Sure, we all know this one the best. He's a detective and who helps out the cartoon Roger Rabbit. Very good acting, since there was not actual Roger Rabbit to act with. 




2. Hook - Mr. Smee - "I've just had an apostrophe"! ...ha. Beside Dustin Hoffman as Hook, ..he was brilliant. 




1. Mermaids - Lou Landsky - He played Cher's boyfriend...and pretty much made that movie 70% better just by being there. 




Well, that's that. As Hook would have said...."Good form, Mr. Smee".  



No comments:

Post a Comment