Saturday, June 4, 2011

Holy Pool....the Finale...

An update on the pool drama. 


I found a pool on craigslist. Unlike 90% of the people who roam the internet, I have never bought (or even cared about) anything on craigslist. Aside from watching the Lifetime Networks made-for-tv-movie about the Craigslist Killer, I rarely even remember the site is out there. I have searched for things before, but never found anything worthwhile. I find it irritates me to have to physically go get something and not have someone ship it to me. I may be getting lazy in my "old age". I digress. 

...I found a pool on Craigslist. Actually, I found several. But, only one stood out and seemed it wasn't a crappy pool someone was asking too much for. It was a bit bigger than the last two we've had (a bonus), and came with a ground cover (it's a tarp, don't get excited), ladder, chemicals, and such. So, I did what I always do....I Googled. I found the same pool on the Intex website. Our old pool was 10' x 30", and the one for sale is 15' x 42". I thought to myself; "Awesome, kinda bigger pool...kids are getting bigger...yay me!"  *click the link and see the pictures for full effect* I also note the price on various sites and, after throwing out the inhumanly high price of $688, the average price is about $350. The craigslist guy wants $100. Sweeeet!!!! Long-story/Short....we bought it.

 
Now came the chore of setting up the "easy-set" pool. Soooooo misleading, FYI. Once the tarp is spread out, I realize this pool is a bit larger than I thought...actually 3 times the size I had thought. Oh well, it's here...set up and full of water now. Now the kids have tons of room...friends can come swim...happy swimming pool dance of joy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment